In every relationship I've been in (during the relationship) I thought I loved the person. And as I'm growing wiser I'm realizing that I did love each of them to the best of my capacity. I loved them with the kind of relationship love that I understood at the time. Which is an easy way to say that I've had friendship love, puppy love, and real love (or what I think was real at this point in my life). And which actually translates into I had no idea what I was talking about during my preteen and early teen years. And that the love that I think I've experienced in my late teen years and early 20's was intense and maybe real love. So at the varying stages of my "love life" the way I show that I love "Him" has varied.
During friendship love it's if I'll share my last with you. If I let you eat off of my plate. If I let you make fun of me without answering back. If I won't discuss politics with you (because I want to keep you as a friend). When I tell you secrets, or share my business with you. When I share my joys and pains with you. When I rejoice in your joys, cry in your pains, and want to destroy those who hurt you. When I despise your enemies more than I dislike my own.
In my puppy love stage:
I would write notes all the time. Stay up on the phone with you. Say I love you a million and one times (true love is shown more than said IMO). I smile just from the mention of your name or it showing up on my phone.
When I love you for real:
It's a mixture of my friendship love and puppy love but with so much more. I become your biggest cheerleader. I will fight my family for you. I trust you with every detail of me. I'd kill for you. I'd die for you. Your enemies become my enemies. Your friends, become my acquaintances (I don't add friends easily). I trust your judgement. You could have my last. There is pretty much nothing I would withhold from you. You can share my family. Your problems worry me (probably more than they worry you). Your well being is all that I care about. Even when/if it ends I still love you. I find it hard to remember the negatives. I still get butterflies. Every love song makes me think of you. I write you poetry and love stories and letters (that you'll probably never get to read lol). I have the ability to hate you.
Love to me is beautiful but with a lot of work. But overall when I truly love you be it friendship or relationship or even family love I model it after 1 Corinthians 13. It says : 1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,a but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;b 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Now that's real love :) <3

No comments:
Post a Comment