Thursday, October 27, 2011

When Does IT Go Away????

So, my writing playlist consisted of Jhene Aiko's mixtape (Sailing Souls), Jojo's mixtape (Can't Take That Away From Me) and then just some random Frank OCean. Well I'm about halfway through Jojo and her song with Travis Garland "When does it Go Away" came on. And I relate to the entire mixtape but this one specifically gets me every time!! -- Listed below are the lyrics (taken from AZLyrics.com)


"When Does It Go Away"
(feat. Travis Garland)

[Garland]
I swear we both used to say
that we would never walk away
Now when I see your face,
It's like you never felt the same
Explain to me

[Chorus]
How are you okay?
When I can't be around you.
Don't you feel pain that I feel without you?
Cause I have to pretend that you don't make a difference, it's the lie that I'm living in.
When it does it go away, when does it go away, when does it go away?

[JoJo]
Baby, my worst mistake
was letting you ever get away, away from me.
And I couldn't see everything
when it was right there in my face
And baby it's killing me...

[Chorus]
How are you okay?
When I can't be around you.
Don't you feel pain that I feel without you?
Cause I have to pretend that you don't make a difference, it's the lie that I'm living in.
When it does it go away, when does it go away, when does it go away?

[Garland]
I heard them say that times heals everything.
Every second without you, I'm going insane.
Ain't nothing in the world can help me now, help me now, ooooh.

[JoJo]
I told myself that today I'm moving on.
I can't even breathe now that you're gone, you're my everything.
Let me know when does it go away.

[Chorus]
How are you okay?
When I can't be around you.
Don't you feel pain that I feel without you?
Cause I have to pretend that you don't make a difference, it's the lie that I been living in.
When it does it go away, when does it go away, when does it go away, when does it go away, when does it go away?



This song drives me crazy because I really relate to everything that they're saying. Which leads me to my question -- When does it go away?? That time heals all bull isn't seeming to work. I just want it to go away. I mean don't get me wrong. I am in a better place than I was when it first happened. But it's not like I'm not still feeling the effects everyday. His name brings the pain back. Songs on the radio bring the pain back. Seeing his family brings it back. And what's worse is he isn't effected at all. I'm that stupid girl that I judged relentlessly in high school. I'm emotional over someone who couldn't care less. Or at least isn't showing me that he was effected at all. And admittedly he probably doesn't know how deeply it hurt me but I mean he knows something.

And, believe me I've tried all the methods. Remembering all the negatives (but the good seems to outweigh the bad), cutting his family off (but some of them are super important in my life), get under someone new (not literally...... but still), pretend it doesn't effect me (but inside I feel empty). I know I'm a punk. Get over it already right. You can't move on when you're caught up in him.. But as J.Cole said in Miguel's - All I Want Is You; "It's hard to move on when you always regret one."

Don't get me wrong I would love to be over all of this. And am always welcoming new methods of getting over a heartbreak as long as it's NOT just wait it out. Cus that ish don't work. (yes I had to say it like that).

That's all on this topic. Thanks a whole bunch Jojo and Travis Garland for getting me all in my feelings. And incase you were wondering; yes, the song is now on repeat smh.


Here's the song -- I love Jojo's voice


And just for good measure, here's Miguel's video too!

No comments:

Post a Comment