Tuesday, January 1, 2013

DOSN (Death of Social Networking)

The funeral march is playing and I am laying the rose on the coffin to my social networking life before they lower it into the ground. From blogs, to aol chat rooms, to myspace, to facebook, to twitter, to Instagram, to google+, to Kik -- the same culprit will always kill our Social Website lives; numbers. The beauty of these things is that you can say what you want to a limited group of people, or people you don't know. It was a place to vent and to let out how you feel.....for me it always dies when too many people that know me in real life find me. What I can say, how I can feel becomes limited by their feelings. Prime example: When I first created Twitter I told my mom she couldn't follow me. She got all bent out of shape and deleted her Twitter. Well the reason I didn't want her following me was proven today!! Something happened and I tweeted a general tweet that she may have decided was meant for her. Whatever. But then she starts tweeting and facebooking back. Like seriously? Mom are you subtweeting me? Get your life. So now my outlet is taken away. I'm not allowed to get upset or say anything that you may remotely has to do with you. Please stop it!! So I'm back to my secret blogging. What I love is that I have three totally separate blogs on this thing right now. There's this one that is totally random, Growth: which is more about how I'm changing and a little more sophisticated; and Life is a Journey, not a Destination: which is sort of going to be my 2013 journal...... Not making any promises to update them all the time or be on them or read other blogs. Just blogging when I feel like it, how I feel like it. Hate it or love it I'm gonna be me. And me has always found comfort in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment