Sunday, January 6, 2013
Triflin
triflin
Consistantly lying. Always up to no good. Sneaky. Suspect. Whorish. Always scheming. Conniving.
The above us urban dictionary's definition of my title.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......in this new church I'm in there is a group of "siblings."
We all (well most of us) see Pastor as our spiritual father and have claimed each other.....the siblings from oldest to youngest are supposed to be:
Brien - 15- being groomed to be the minister of music. Our Pastor's biological nephew. Hilarious, sweet uber tall, pretty real (known him 8 months)
Tyana - 17 - known her since the Antioch days. We're not as close as we used to be. (known 10ish years)
Mercedes - 18 - also since the Antioch days. We've been close for over a decade. She's a prophetess, has her tongues, is all kinds of walking in her calling. Probably the one I'm closes to. (known pretty much forever) like I call her gmom gmom....her and Tee are actual cousins, I think 3rd or 4th cousins.
Shara - 19 - 1/2 of the Bowens family. No idea what her gift is yet. Helped her at her wedding, was asked to cosign with her on an apt. Probably the one that I clash with the most; but when we clash we just don't talk. I usually label her as a sister- in- law. (known 7 months)
Amber - 21 - Being groomed for Evangelist. The daughter of one of the most powerful women I've ever met. The creator of G.R.A.C.E. Ministry. Has an incredible head on her shoulders. Hilarious. Took me a minute to get to know her (didn't think I liked her at first) but now I love her to pieces (known 5/6 months).
Ciara - 22- Known her since SBA. She said her calling is preaching and dance. She came from Zion and we were pretty tight during SBA and are getting cool again (known 8ish years)
Marque - 22 - 1/2 of the Bowens family. He is the armour bearer. It's been prophesied that he is going to be a pastor. Funny, pretty down to earth most of the time. The hoodest one out of all of us. (known 7 months)
Mike - 24 - The Director of Music and fine arts. We are 3 days apart. He has a twin too (not important at all). He is probably the one I fight with the most, probably because our personalities have too many similar aspects. He is Pastor's favorite child. He is also a minister. (6 months)
ME - 24 - I'm just me
Brandon - 26 - He has been a prophet for as long as I've known him. He's like 100 in spiritual years. Recently left us to go to Florida to further his ministry. He has spoken some awesome words into me, and I miss him already (he left Friday) (Known 8is years)
Sheila - 31 (today)-Is a sibling but doesn't really count Pat as a spiritual father. Has the only baby (for now -- Shara is preggers) James, or Papi as I call him. Is still trying to figure out what her calling is. Is the oldest. I've known her since like 1992.
So why would I label a post about my spiritual siblings triflin....well let me tell you the story.
It was a dark and rainy night....lol jkjk. On Thursday Marq and Shara called me. They have been living with my Pastor for the past 6 months (so does Mike and Brandon and on the weeksn Bri bri) and it was time for them to move out. They first that the first place they were going into had fell through and they needed a new place. The places they were applying were turning them down because she is too young with NO credit, and he is a felon with bad credit. So they asked me to cosign on a lease with her if the place that they were trying on Friday denied her on the lease by herself. I told them that I would pray about it and the decision was that they were going to let me know Friday what the place said.
Friday morning Ciara text everyone (but Amber and Mike - don't ask for details) to her house to hang out. We're Christian young adults so there's not too much to do on the weekends for us. Me and Sheila didn't know if we were going because we had flag practice, Mar wasn't going, Tyana and her sister went, I'm honestly not sure if Bri was invited, and Marg and Shara told her they were going. So Cee ordered the pizza and whatever else, at the last minute the Bowens decided they weren't going because they told her they were moving.
Saturday morning I texted ALL of the siblings because, though she won't admit it, Sheila was upset that she wasn't doing anything for her birthday and on top of that we had to go to a funeral on Saturday for her grandfather's brother.
Tee texted me back and said she would be in Lancaster with her dad. Cee said she didn't have the money to drive from Lansdale Sat and Sun and go out to eat. Bri said he was down, Amber said she would cancel her plans to go and Marq and Shara were in.
Ciara texted us an invitation to a gospel coffee house/open mic night. So we made the decision that we would take her there. After the funeral I took her to get her nails done and was in communication with the sibs that we would be going to the even (oh everyone but Mike b/c he never texted me back).
So Me and Sheila are sitting in the nail salon and she is checking her facebook because her nails are already dry. She reads me a status from Marque that says "Today's moving day, it would have been nice to have some help;" mind you NONE of us knew they were moving. I never even got a call back about cosigning or that they got and apt or whatever. So of course there is one person who has a problem with the sibling circle who commented on the status. So being bold in this season I call Marq.
He's like I didn't mean y'all, I'm sorry I didn't call, it all happened so fast. So okay whatever. This is at like 3:00. So I tell them we are leaving Ptown at 5 to go to the event. They say that's fine and they will bring Bri with them.
We get back to Ptown, change and are in talks with Amber to pick her up. Since then Marq has called her and she decided to ride down with them. No worries, everything is still on.
We leave at 5:20 and get to the event at like 6:15. -- but we aren't late so it's okay.
When we get there I call Marque's phone and he doesn't answer. I call Shara's phone, no answer. So Sheila, Mercededs and I already know what it's hitting for. So I get a text from Shara that says, we're not gonna make it still moving. So I text okay. I'm pissed but I let it go.
We go into the even, find seats and I text Amber how upset I am that she wont make it. Turns out she didn't know she wasn't making it because they hadn't even bothered to tell her yet.
So whatever; Cee meets us there, we have a great time.
Mike texts me during the event about something else and when he asks what I'm doing I tell him. He goes off because he says he wasn't invited, so we slightly argue about that. Then he tells me to call him, so we have a small convo while I'm driving home and have a slight disagreement about something else (not worth mentioning). So today I showed him the text and his name in the text group that he never got.....
Today comes and after service we decide we are going out to eat for her birthday.
I tell Mike (to his face so he can't say he didn't get the text), and his first response is, it depends on where youre going. We tell him and then he says okay. Bri bri decides he will come with Mike. We are driving and Mike decides he doesn't have the funds.....it's been a full 10 minutes -- why not just say no?
So me, Amber, mar, and Sheila head out and have a great time......
The thing that kills me is this. Last month we had a full conversation about the fact that birthdays would be important to us. And March has Amber, Brien, Marque, and Shara in it. And Shara and MArque are expecting a baby in that month.
Not to mention in June, 2 MONTHS after joing the church; 1 MONTH after having met Shara and Marq I helped serve at their wedding. AND gave them a gift. AND paid for a hotel room for the weekend. Matter of fact just last weekend I helped paint at the old place they had since the lease was up.......not one to count favors; BUT you can't make time for your sibling's birthday. Or shucks at least tell the truth that you're not gonna attend events. OR at least NOT hinder someone else from going......like for serious???
Let me be honest though, at the end of the day I love all of my siblings to pieces and will still probably do EVERYTHING that I can for them I'm just saying, how annoying and inconsiderate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's funny how much things changed and how different I feel about all of these people now......lol
ReplyDelete