What really is getting to me about this is the was people are celebrating death. Don't get me wrong when I first heard about it I was ecstatic as well and then I had to take a step back and think. Am I really celebrating the killing of someone. No, I am not, I cannot. I don't care how evil he was since when do we celebrate the loss of life?
Don't get me wrong I will celebrate what it symbolizes. The end of an era, closure for the families who lost people during 9/11 and to the subsequent war but really killing one man doesn't really do anything. It's really Osama's 'goons' that we should be worried about. Osama Bin Laden didn't fly a plane or attack our troops he had people who did that. He just sat back and received the credit. He sent us threatening messages, he was pretty much just a talker. And retaliation levels are going to be at an all time high. I'm more afraid for our troops now than I was when he was living.
Don't get me wrong. I commend President Obama for doing yet another thing that Bush couldn't get accomplished. It was brave of him to go in and get Osama. And I trust that they weighed all options and decided that killing him immediately was the safest thing to do; I just refuse to dance and celebrate us stooping to his level and taking a father/husband away from his family.
What has disturbed me more about this was seeing the true colors of a great deal of people. There are so many people saying he didn't deserve to live and that he deserved to die and every one of them has been a Christian friend or family member of mine. I just can't understand how people who had Christ die for them can say that a person doesn't deserve life. You don't know what they deserve or what Christ could have done in their life.
One of the disciples from camp said that he could have become a Christian and one of the counselors said that they thought that was highly unlikely. But what it made me think of was Paul. He persecuted Christians and then became one. Who are we to say who God can and cannot use. Who he will and will not use. We are no longer than Osama if his death is making us cheer. Do we as a country no longer have a soul or a heart??

No comments:
Post a Comment