Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sexual Vs Sensual

I am starting to learn that sexual and sensual, though related, are very different things. I was thinking about music and I was thinking of how people say that today's generation has way too much sex in our music and I realize that they are right. There is nothing wrong with sexy but there can be something wrong with raw.

Sexual music appeals to our animalistic nature and makes you horny.
-- Let me throw in this disclaimer before I move forward; there is a time and place for both types of music; but 3 year olds should not know the sexual content of a son......MOVING FORWARD-- A song that I think is very sexual in nature would have to be Chris Brown's - No Bullsh*t. That song is just so raw. Everything is spelled out, even down to wear he keeps the condoms. Don't get me wrong, sometimes that's how it is but should that come on the radio at 2 in the afternoon when I'm riding with my 6 year old sister? Probably not!!

Sensual music makes you feel sexy which may lead you to horny but it's more than that. Sensual music warrants bubble baths, and wine. It makes you want to put on sexy lingerie and seduce your man as oppose to ravish him like a starving animal. A sensual song I think might be Raheem DeVaughn's Customer. It just puts you in a sexy mood. You know he's going to take his time once he finally gets you to that point, but before that he is going to treat you like royalty with the way he's going to take care of.

The thing is young people today don't know the difference between sensual and sexual. It's as simple as the difference between 'baby making' music and 'f*cking' music.

The debate can even spill over to clothes. Young ladies, and men don't realize that to be sexy you don't have to be naked. And that sensuality will attract a man (a good man) quicker than him being able to see a piece of your a** because your skirt is so short. The man you attract dressed like that is the one that sees you scantily clad and thinks that it means that it will be no real challenge to get you to show him the few parts of your body that aren't covered. A woman can be sexy in anything from sweatpants to jeans to a simple black dress.

I guess that's why people believe that the younger generations are a lost cause. Hey it is what it is I guess.....

As TRoy from Power 99 says "these are just my thoughts on what I've been thinking"

No comments:

Post a Comment